High-throughput, quantitative exosome recovery
Just as with ExoQuick-TC, ExoQuick-CG can be used to purify exosomes from saliva1, urine2, follicular fluid3, tissue culture media4, and breast milk5. With a simple workflow involving minimal hands-on time and low input sample volume requirements, ExoQuick-CG is an excellent option for researchers who need to purify exosomes for pre-clinical, in vivo studies.
To isolate exosomes from cleared serum, plasma, or ascites fluid, simply:
- Add an appropriate volume of ExoQuick-CG
- Incubate for at least one hour at 4°C
- Isolate exosomes with a 30-minute low-speed spin (1500 g).
Isolated exosomes can be found in the pellet and resuspended in an appropriate solution.
You can verify the presence of exosomes with a number of different methods, including Western blotting for general exosome markers (CD63, CD9, CD81, and HSP70), NanoSight analysis, or EM (learn about different ways to detect exosomes and more in our Exosome Basics Guide).
The Bottom Line
With ExoQuick, you can obtain high-quality exosomes from most biofluids using a protocol that can easily be performed on multiple samples and requires very low volumes of input sample.
- Yang J, et al. Detection of Tumor Cell-Specific mRNA and Protein in Exosome-Like Microvesicles from Blood and Saliva. PLoS ONE. 2014. 9(11): e110641. PMCID: PMC 4232306.
- Alvarez ML. Isolation of urinary exosomes for RNA biomarker discovery using a simple, fast, and highly scalable method. Methods Mol Biol. 2014. 1182:145-70. PMID: 25055908.
- Sohel MM, et al. Exosomal and Non-Exosomal Transport of Extra-Cellular microRNAs in Follicular Fluid: Implications for Bovine Oocyte Developmental Competence. PLoS One. 2013 Nov 4. 8(11):e78505. PMCID: PMC3817212.
- Zhu L, et al. Novel method for extracting exosomes of hepatocellular carcinoma cells. World J Gastroenterol. 2014 June 7. 20(21): 6651-6657. PMCID: PMC4047354.
- Gu Y, et al. Lactation-Related MicroRNA Expression Profiles of Porcine Breast Milk Exosomes. PLoS ONE. 2012. 7(8): e43691. PMCID: PMC3427246.