Интерлейкин-6, (hs - 0,08 - 5 пг/мл), 96
The human IL-6 ELISA is an enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for the quantitative detection of human IL-6.
Interleukin-6 (IL-6) is a multi-functional cytokine that regulates immune responses, acute phase reactions and hematopoiesis and may play a central role in host defense mechanisms. The gene for human IL-6 has been localized to chromosome 7p21. The genomic sequence has been determined. IL-6 is usually not produced constitutively by normal cells, but its expression is readily induced by a variety of cytokines, lipopolysaccharide or viral infections. The IL-6 gene product is a single chain protein with a molecular mass ranging from 21 to 28 kDa, depending on the cellular source. Extensive posttranslational modifications like N- and O-linked glycosylation as well as phosphorylation seem to account for this heterogeneity. The cDNA for IL-6 predicts a precursor protein of 212 amino acids. IL-6 is a pleiotropic cytokine produced by a variety of cells. It acts on a wide range of tissues, exerting growth-induction, growth-inhibition, and differentiation respectively, depending on the nature of the target cells.
IL-6 is involved in
- the induction of B-cell differentiation,
- the induction of acute phase proteins in liver cells,
- growth promotion of myeloma/plasmacytoma/hybridoma cells,
- induction of IL-2 and IL-2 receptor expression,
- proliferation and differentiation of T cells,
- inhibition of cell growth of certain myeloid leukemic cell lines and induction of their differentiation to macrophages,
- enhancement of IL-3-induced multipotential colony cell formation in hematopoietic stem cells and induction of maturation of megakaryocytes as a thrombopoietic factor,
- induction of mesangial cell growth,
- induction of neural differentiation of PC 12 cells and
- induction of keratinocyte growth.
The abnormal production of IL-6 was first suggested to be related to polyclonal B-cell activation with autoantibody production in patients with cardiac myxoma. Since then, IL-6 has been suggested to be involved in the pathogenesis of a variety of diseases. Measurement of IL-6 levels in serum and other body fluids thus provides more detailed insights into various pathological situations.
Информация для заказа: