The mouse IL-6 ELISA is an enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for the quantitative detection of mouse IL-6.
The mouse IL-6 ELISA is for research use only. Not for diagnostic or therapeutic procedures.
Interleukin-6 (IL-6) is a multi-functional cytokine that regulates immune responses, acute phase reactions and hematopoiesis and may play a central role in host defense mechanisms.
IL-6 is usually not produced constitutively by normal cells, but its expression is readily induced by a variety of cytokines, lipopolysaccharide or viral infections.
IL-6 is a pleiotropic cytokine produced by a variety of cells. It acts on a wide range of tissues, exerting growth-induction, growth-inhibition, and differentiation respectively, depending on the nature of the target cells.
IL-6 is involved in
- the induction of B-cell differentiation,
- the induction of acute phase proteins in liver cells,
- growth promotion of myeloma/plasmacytoma/hybridoma cells,
- induction of IL-2 and IL-2 receptor expression,
- proliferation and differentiation of T cells,
- inhibition of cell growth of certain myeloid leukemic cell lines and induction of their differentiation to macrophages,
- enhancement of IL-3-induced multipotential colony cell formation in hematopoietic stem cells and induction of maturation of megakaryocytes as a thrombopoietic factor,
- induction of mesangial cell growth,
- induction of neural differentiation of PC 12 cells and
- induction of keratinocyte growth
The abnormal production of IL-6 was first suggested to be related to polyclonal B-cell activation with autoantibody production in patients with cardiac myxoma. Since then, IL-6 has been suggested to be involved in the pathogenesis of a variety of diseases. Measurement of IL-6 levels in serum and other body fluids thus provides more detailed insights into various pathological situations.
Информация для заказа
|Область использования:||Производство:||Bender Medsystems|
|Цена (с НДС 18%):||по запросу||В корзину |
|Наименование: Интерлейкин 6 / IL-6, 96.|
Примечание: Enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for quantitative detection of mouse IL-6.